Fintech Marketing Communications Management (Part-time)
2-3 days per week; office-based near Liverpool St
This is Singletrack’s first in-house marketing appointment, a 2-3 days per week, office-based role working in the company’s headquarters, ten minutes walk from Liverpool St station.
The company is growing fast in a market undergoing significant change, so there’s substantial scope for someone with solid capital markets related experience to make their mark and help realise the huge potential of this business.
- Develop, manage and execute a plan covering all digital communications, PR, website, product & corporate collateral, events and in-house communications.
- Manage the corporate brand and ensure all output is consistent with corporate style guidelines and approved messaging
- Email campaign development, content writing and execution
- Become proficient with Salesforce CRM; generate and maintain mailing lists
- Devise and drive social media programmes
- Assist sales colleagues in the preparation of presentations etc
- Update and maintain website content; gain proficiency in Singletrack’s preferred CMS
- Track & report results of marcom activities incl web traffic and email engagement
- Monitor, analyse and report competitor activity and industry developments
- Investigate new processes e.g. analysing client status/interactions for sales intelligence
- Create and maintain a collateral & market intelligence library.
- Cooperate with external agencies and consultants
- Manage in-house communications
- Devise, promote and manage webinars and client events
- Identify and address industry PR opportunities
- Ensure all marketing related activities are GDPR compliant
Essential Knowledge & Skills
- Minimum of 2 years experience working in an investment bank, institutional broker or independent research provider, or a software vendor addressing capital markets organisations
- Experience of devising, executing and measuring the results of mail shots
- A sound grasp, and experience of using social media
- Experience of measuring and reporting the results of multi-channel communications
- Experience of writing text for mail shots, product collateral, case studies and PR
- Experience of devising and managing website content, working with designers as appropriate
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills
- Proficiency in PowerPoint or equivalent
- An understanding of the power of branding and the need to maintain guidelines.
- Experienced in devising & promoting webinars
- Experience of using a sophisticated customer relationship management system
- An interest in/experience of emerging digital sales techniques
- Working knowledge of Google Analytics
- Hands-on experience of web content management tools
If you’d like to be considered please send your c.v. together with a letter explaining why you feel your skills and experience would be particularly valuable in this position, to:
Ms Angela Riley
1 Norton Folgate,